Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kindle Fire: Is it Amazon's Edsel?

it's not really a tablet computer at all. "The most striking observation from testing the Fire is that everything is much too small on the screen, leading to frequent tap errors and accidental activation," Nielsen wrote. "You haven't seen the fat-finger problem in its full glory until you've watched users struggle to touch things on the Fire." ...if you're looking for a great tablet, you'll have to keep on looking until you reach the iPad. While the Fire and Nook Tablet include e-mail programs, the e-mail experience is a bit limited and clunky. Web browsing on the devices isn't a dream either. For casual e-mail and Web users, these tablets will help bridge a gap. People looking for a true tablet experience will likely find that a $200 device isn't realistic. These are e-readers that also browse the Web. They are not computers in your hands. For some, that's enough. Just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And me with my lowly Nook Basic. B+W, no email, no web.

Anonymous said...

but only $79 bucks baby

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...