Wednesday, August 1, 2012

RACE THOUGHTS

Must say, "I'm thrilled with results from Detroit SUP Festival". Fourth Overall, First in Age Group and only 40 Somethings in front of me. Thanks to Team member, AlmostDoveArt for capturing the event! GREAT PICTURES!!! Sometimes you just need to test yourself. I was a little nervous going into the event. I followed the times of some previous races and had done some practice piece on Gallup and new I was capable of doing OK, but actually putting it on the line was going to be a challenge. I suppose I should have sprinted across the finish instead of the casual I've got this attitude. My Coach in my head is now telling me, "Don't Ever Do That Again, it cost you a Medal in the Overall"! This sport is going to continue to grow and it will get tougher and tougher as we see more people competing. I'm still the oldest guy here in Michigan. Old is GOOD!

No comments:

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...