Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I've been up to lately

I've been thinking and messing around lately.  Revisited thoughts from 40 years ago.  I have been consistent with what I have been dealing with in painting over all these years.  

Do I believe I am a Great Artist.  NO.

But I can't help trying to convey what I see.
Teaching people to see can also be very frustrating.
At least trying to see what the Artist might possibly be seeing.

Open your eyes to the world.
40 years ago.

Recent thoughts on Seeing, Drawing and Painting.

Saugatuck Ankle Snapper Series.


Saugatuck Ankle Snapper Series in progress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see what the artist sees because I do not have the artists eyes. I can only see my interpretation of their interpretation.

Sugar said...

I respond differently to different pieces of art. Sometimes a piece will really touch me in some way, other times I really don't like what I am looking at. But in any case I try to appreciate the use of color, line, texture, etc. And I must add that I really like the drawings/paintings you've included in this post.

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...