Friday, January 17, 2014

REMEMBERING


At this time of year I feel this funk that is either the cold and snow or the realization I lost my father way to early.  He wasn't even 55 when he passed away (Jan. 11, 1972).  As I approach 66 it's hard to imagine everything you would have missed in life and there seems to be so much more to come.  Maybe there is a point when you just need to go, but I don't think Mid Life is it.  He is in my mind the best father I could have had.  I am sure he had his faults and problems, but I was so self absorbed in my life that I didn't take the time to try and understand what his life was like or what he might be feeling.  I have my own idea of what it might have been like for him now.  

FOREVER YOUNG

1 comment:

Sugar said...

What a good looking guy! I grew to love your father in the short time I knew him. And I agree, he was everything you'd want in a father - supportive, wonderful sense of humor, and it always seemed like he was there for you without being intrusive. I wish Sean could have known him.

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...