Thursday, May 8, 2014

Smelled like victory

I miss being surrounded by large canvas and jars of acrylic paint, the smells and feels, the "identity" of a painter of wiping paint all over your clothes and thinking nothing of it.
  • Joe Pedit I love the smell of acrylic paints in the morning. You know, one time I had a canvas painted for 12 hours. When it was all over, I inspected it. I didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' unpainted spot. The smell, you know that acrylic paint smell, the whole canvas. Smelled like victory.




1 comment:

Sugar said...

I must admit there is something a bit alluring about a guy that can create "something" using a blank canvas and paint or a pencil and paper. I am looking at the two pieces I have in my work cubicle right now and I can't help but marvel at the connect between your mind and your hand that allows you to create something so complicated and simple at the same time. Thanks for being in my life.

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...