Thursday, September 19, 2019

A day at the Museum


Felt like I needed a break from working on the house so I decided to go to the Honolulu Museum of Art. Turned out to be very satisfying. I sat by myself with John Singer Sargent and James McNeil Whistler. Made a couple of sketches. Don’t usually feel comfortable taking up other people’s time while I just sit and sketch. I wish they had a more extensive collection, but I do enjoy what little they have occasionally. The special exhibition by Chinese Artist Li Huayi was very satisfying. Titled Contemporary Landscapes they were large pieces done on paper with ink.


Finished my day by going to the The Burger King down the street. Ordered the Junior Whopper Meal. Seemed simple enough. The young counter person then proceeded to ask if I wanted it, ‘????,$??”. I said I didn’t understand. She repeated, “?????, $$??”. I looked at her and said, just give me the meal deal or what ever the first one was. Don’t seem to understand localish. She looked at me with a “Stupid Man” look, or at as the say in Chinese, “Dum Guy”. I can see why lines back up. A meal deal should be a meal deal. 

There are places where I think I could be happy. Art Museum are one, because I think I belong in them. Anyway that’s my story.


No comments:

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...