Monday, November 11, 2019

Reflection from the Mitten

Monday, Nov. 11, 2019


Sunday, November 10, 2019

Monday, November 11, 2019



Well, I guess I should have guessed that it would snow while I am visiting the bird house @ Lillian Hale. Feel surprisingly calm about the situation, but suspect it is because I will eventually be heading back to the warmth of Hawaii. The new house is really quite comfortable. Extremely quiet and room to move. The kitchen is especially nice. Don’t think we have ever had one as nice as this. I look forward to sharing all of this with Sugar and Kali. Maybe it’s the distance, but Hawaii just seems like a wonderful dream. Feel at home here in Ann Arbor and love the neighborhood we chose.

Snowing all day long and have had to go out and shovel 3 times. The accumulation seems close to 12 inches, but we shall see what the official number will be. Looks like a record for Nov. 11th. I spent Sunday mowing and generally working on the yard. I felt it looked pretty good and suspect it will eventually be really nice. I picked up a rental car on Saturday and was able to get to Ace Hardware and pick up a snow shovel. Thank God for that! Feel like if you don’t have to go to work it’s not such a terrible inconvenience. Certainly not something I love, but feel resigned to nature doing it’s thing. Anyway I am sore from all the shoveling and see we elderly people might have heart attacks trying to deal the the stuff.

Just a thought about the Grand Salon or Drawing Room. Maybe it should be furnished with comfortable chairs and a chaise lounge, no sofa. And since I have all this time trapped inside the house, I think we should use the front bedroom as a Mini Master. The Master could be turned into a Master She Den. Just thinking.



3 comments:

Sugar said...

Hah, you obviously have too much time to think. And shovel snow... Much love Dove man. We miss you.

fish said...

I CAN SEE A SHIRTLESS FISH PRETENTIOUSLY PRETENDING TO PLAY THE GUITAR – Yu stin ke pu, as they say in Chinese!

Dove said...

Nicely played FISH!

New Year 2024 same old me

I tell myself I am searching for something. But more and more, it feels like I am wandering, waiting for something to happen to me, somethin...